I found the recipe online:http://www.food.com/recipe/new-jersey-crumb-cake-33645
This is my first crumb cake. And It turned out to be a big success. I did a little change based on the original recipe.
Sugar 80g ( I’m afraid the original recipe would be very sweet, so I reduced the sugar)
Baking powder 1tsp
Vanilla extract 1/2tsp
For topping :
Biscuit mix is used in original recipe. I changed it. I used flour and ground almond powder instead. I reduced butter and sugar too. Cos my husband is on a diet.
Ground almond powder 20g
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat egg and milk, mix with butter.
3. Add flour and baking powder to the butter mixture. Then add in vanilla extract.
4. Pour batter into pan.
5. For topping: put all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Rub them by hand. And they will become crumb.
6. Sprinkle crumb topping over batter in the pan.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 30 mins. ( you can check with a toothpick. Poke the cake with toothpick, if it comes out clean, then the cake is done).
It tastes really good. Since I reduced sugar, it’s not too sweet.
The topping is very crunchy.
I found this amazing recipe on http://www.food.com
I made a little change according to it:
Cocoa powder 30g
Sugar 150g ( I already reduced sugar based on original recipe but still found it is very sweet.)
Procedure is almost same as original recipe:
1. Melt butter, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar.
2. Add in eggs. Stir well.
3. Pour into pie plate.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degree C, bake for around 30 mins. (After 30 mins, the edge is a little burnt, so I think maybe 25 mins is also fine.)
When I don’t have enough time to cook meal or I feel like being lazy, I will choose to cook Chow Mein (fried noodles).
1. Vegetable Chow Mein (蔬菜炒面）
2. Soy Sauce Chow Mein
Light soy sauce: 2 tsp
Dark soy sauce: 1 tsp
Salt: a little
Sugar: 1 tsp
Cooking wine: a little
SHAOHSING RICE COOKING WINE 2x750ML
And you can also make a little decoration for it. Just spread several milk drops onto the surface, and use a toothpick draw on it. Yeah, I’m not good at it. The white part I drew is not that beautiful.
The soup tastes great. The pumpkin I used is kind of sweet. Carrot and celery make it healthier.
We have many kinds of braised food in China, like chicken wings, chicken legs, pork, fish, ribs, even tofu. People in many parts of China have rice in daily meals, and soy sauce is a good match for rice.
There are many different ways to cook braised food. The one I am about to introduce here is an easy one.
When each side turn brown, add in some light soy sauce and dark soy sauce. (Light soy sauce is salty. Dark soy sauce is for coloring).
Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce – 16.9 fl. oz.
Add in star anise. Star anise is a commonly seen kind of spice in Chinese cuisine.
Hoosier Hill Farm Whole Select Anise Star 8 oz.
Stir fry till the sauce is almost dry.
You can turn off the heat before the sauce is dry. Then the sauce can be mixed into rice. You will like the taste of rice.
You can also change chicken wings to chicken legs, fish, and ribs. The key of soy sauce is sugar.