I found the recipe online:http://www.food.com/recipe/new-jersey-crumb-cake-33645
This is my first crumb cake. And It turned out to be a big success. I did a little change based on the original recipe.
Sugar 80g ( I’m afraid the original recipe would be very sweet, so I reduced the sugar)
Baking powder 1tsp
Vanilla extract 1/2tsp
For topping :
Biscuit mix is used in original recipe. I changed it. I used flour and ground almond powder instead. I reduced butter and sugar too. Cos my husband is on a diet.
Ground almond powder 20g
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat egg and milk, mix with butter.
3. Add flour and baking powder to the butter mixture. Then add in vanilla extract.
4. Pour batter into pan.
5. For topping: put all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Rub them by hand. And they will become crumb.
6. Sprinkle crumb topping over batter in the pan.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 30 mins. ( you can check with a toothpick. Poke the cake with toothpick, if it comes out clean, then the cake is done).
Powdered sugar is used to top the cake when cool. I didn’t use it.
It tastes really good. Since I reduced sugar, it’s not too sweet.
The topping is very crunchy.
I found this amazing recipe on http://www.food.com
I made a little change according to it:
Cocoa powder 30g
Sugar 150g ( I already reduced sugar based on original recipe but still found it is very sweet.)
Procedure is almost same as original recipe:
1. Melt butter, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar.
2. Add in eggs. Stir well.
3. Pour into pie plate.
4. Preheat oven to 190 degree C, bake for around 30 mins. (After 30 mins, the edge is a little burnt, so I think maybe 25 mins is also fine.)
In the plate topped with some cream and fruits. It is very soft inside actually. Outside is a bit crunchy.
Butter around 25g
Heat butter and chocolate in a bowl which is in hot water.
Keep stirring till they melt.
Remove them from hot water to get cool.
Whip an egg with around 15g sugar till the color becomes light.
Pour Part B into Part A.
Do make sure the chocolate is cool already.
Put around 15g flour into the mixture. Stir evenly. Then put the bowl into fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven with 200 degree.
Brush butter onto the inner wall of baking bowl.
Pour the chocolate mixture into baking bowl.
Put into oven for ten minutes.
When there are some small cracks on the surface of cake, the cake can be removed from the oven.
If you like, you can spread some icing sugar.
Try to scoop it with a small spoon.
And you will be surprised!