I found the recipe online:http://www.food.com/recipe/new-jersey-crumb-cake-33645
This is my first crumb cake. And It turned out to be a big success. I did a little change based on the original recipe.
Sugar 80g ( I’m afraid the original recipe would be very sweet, so I reduced the sugar)
Baking powder 1tsp
Vanilla extract 1/2tsp
For topping :
Biscuit mix is used in original recipe. I changed it. I used flour and ground almond powder instead. I reduced butter and sugar too. Cos my husband is on a diet.
Ground almond powder 20g
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat egg and milk, mix with butter.
3. Add flour and baking powder to the butter mixture. Then add in vanilla extract.
4. Pour batter into pan.
5. For topping: put all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Rub them by hand. And they will become crumb.
6. Sprinkle crumb topping over batter in the pan.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 30 mins. ( you can check with a toothpick. Poke the cake with toothpick, if it comes out clean, then the cake is done).
Powdered sugar is used to top the cake when cool. I didn’t use it.
It tastes really good. Since I reduced sugar, it’s not too sweet.
The topping is very crunchy.
Butter around 25g
Heat butter and chocolate in a bowl which is in hot water.
Keep stirring till they melt.
Remove them from hot water to get cool.
Whip an egg with around 15g sugar till the color becomes light.
Pour Part B into Part A.
Do make sure the chocolate is cool already.
Put around 15g flour into the mixture. Stir evenly. Then put the bowl into fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven with 200 degree.
Brush butter onto the inner wall of baking bowl.
Pour the chocolate mixture into baking bowl.
Put into oven for ten minutes.
When there are some small cracks on the surface of cake, the cake can be removed from the oven.
If you like, you can spread some icing sugar.
Try to scoop it with a small spoon.
And you will be surprised!
My husband is a big fan of apple pie. I found an easy way to bake apple pie with Roti paste by chance. And I tried it. It turned out very good.
So the apple pies I made are like this:
And the recipe is as follows: (from xiachufang APP)
1. Peel off one apple and cut it into small pieces.
2. Put some butter into the pan and heat with low heat.
3. Put Apple pieces into the pan when the butter melt, stir fry a little.
4. Put some sugar into the pan, stir fry with Apple pieces. (I also put in some cinnamon powder, which makes the failover better).
5. Break an egg into a bowl and mix well.
6. Cut a Roti paste into the shape like picture 6. Make it two equal square pieces of paste and some cutoff.
7. Brush the bottom paste with egg mixture.
8. Put Apple pieces in the center of the bottom paste. And surround them with of cut paste.
9. Top the Apple pieces with the other square Roti paste.
10. Pre the edges with a fork.
11. Brush the paste with egg mixture and make three openings on each paste with a knife.
12. Put into the oven. 180 degree, 25 mins.