I found the recipe online:http://www.food.com/recipe/new-jersey-crumb-cake-33645
This is my first crumb cake. And It turned out to be a big success. I did a little change based on the original recipe.
Sugar 80g ( I’m afraid the original recipe would be very sweet, so I reduced the sugar)
Baking powder 1tsp
Vanilla extract 1/2tsp
For topping :
Biscuit mix is used in original recipe. I changed it. I used flour and ground almond powder instead. I reduced butter and sugar too. Cos my husband is on a diet.
Ground almond powder 20g
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat egg and milk, mix with butter.
3. Add flour and baking powder to the butter mixture. Then add in vanilla extract.
4. Pour batter into pan.
5. For topping: put all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Rub them by hand. And they will become crumb.
6. Sprinkle crumb topping over batter in the pan.
7. Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Bake for 30 mins. ( you can check with a toothpick. Poke the cake with toothpick, if it comes out clean, then the cake is done).
Powdered sugar is used to top the cake when cool. I didn’t use it.
It tastes really good. Since I reduced sugar, it’s not too sweet.
The topping is very crunchy.
When I don’t have enough time to cook meal or I feel like being lazy, I will choose to cook Chow Mein (fried noodles).
1. Vegetable Chow Mein (蔬菜炒面）
Chop onion, shiitake,bell pepper and carrot into thin slices.
Heat the oil in the pan. Stir fry onion first.
Then add in carrot and shiitake. Stir fry for a while.
Noodles (I used udon, and noodles should be soaked in water till they get soft.) and bell pepper at last. Stir fry evenly.
Add in a little dark soy sauce and salt. Stir evenly.
Then add a little water. Because the udon is uncooked, so it should be braised for 2-3 minutes.
When the water is about to dry, add in some lettuce.
Stir fry till the sauce is dry.
2. Soy Sauce Chow Mein
Put udon in boiled water for three minutes. Then ladle them out and drain them.
Light soy sauce: 2 tsp
Dark soy sauce: 1 tsp
Salt: a little
Sugar: 1 tsp
Cooking wine: a little
SHAOHSING RICE COOKING WINE 2x750ML
Heat the oil in the pan. Put in cabbage slices. Stir fry for a minute or two.
Then add in cooked udon.
And the sauce.
Stir fry them evenly for 1 or 2 minutes.
And it’s done.
You can add a fried egg, if you like.
Just serve with soup and some easy snacks. That’s not bad for an easy and quick meal.
Pokemon Go is really popular recently. My husband is a big fan of Pokemon. He always wants a Pikachu. So I made him one today.
The original recipe is here: http://m.xiachufang.com/recipe/100034486/
Mix one yolk with hot cooked rice. And add some salt.
Use cling wrap to make the mixture of yolk and rice the shape of Pikachu’s face.
Make tamagoyaki with eggs. And cut them into the shape of Pikachu’s ears.
Use seaweed to decorate the ears.
Make Pikachu’s eyes with seaweed.
Use carrot to make Pikachu’s cheek.
Use seaweed to make Pikachu’s nose and mouth.
Add one rice on each eye. Pikachu’s part is done.
I also made a pokeball with rice. The red part is coated with tomato sauce. The black part is seaweed and the button is egg white. You can also use cheese to make the button.
Add some vegetables you like. And a cute Pikachu meal is done.
It is a good choice to put in lunch box for kids or people who just like Pokemon so much like my husband does.
Get penne cooked first.
Chop a cucumber into thin slices.
Half boiled egg:
Put egg and cold water in a pot. Don’t put the lid on. Heat the pot until many big bubbles appear at the bottom. Then turn off the stove and remove the pot. Cover the pot with lid for two minutes. Then take the egg out and put it into cold water.
Mix the penne with cucumber slices, half boiled egg, and salad cream.
The penne salad is done.
Recipe for fried beef with scrambled eggs：
Ingredients：beef，eggs，green onion，salt， sugar，cooking wine，sesame oil，black pepper powder，light soy sauce，soy sauce，starch，water
1，prepare all the ingredients.
2. Cut beef into thin slice. Mix beef slice with cooking wine, light soy sauce, sugar, starch, water, and a spoon of sesame oil. Marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Mix eggs with a spoon of water, some cooking wine and a little salt.
4. Put some cooking oil in the pan. When it is 40% hot, put beef slices into it. Stir until beef is 80% cooked. Ladle the beef slices out.
5. Put the beef slices into egg mixture, and put in some chopped green onion.
6. Put some cooking oil in the pan and heat it. Pull the egg mixture with beef in to. Stir fry.
7. Turn off the gas befor egg solidify. Top the dish with some sesame oil.
8. Eat it.
According to the recipe above, I cook the dish like this:
It tastes quite good.