To the outsiders of the USA, we can understand the “Common Core Math Program” is good for American children education, which is supported by Bill Gates with generous $6-billion donation.
The American parents who resist and oppose the ‘Common Core’ Math were like the Singaporean parents who opposed the “Singapore Math Program” in the 1980s. The Singapore parents had to go through remedial classes before they could coach their kids in the ‘new way’. Result proved that after 20 years, Singapore is ranked 2nd in the PISA Test World Ranking in Math (after Shanghai of China).
All good medicines are bitter to swallow. 良药苦口 !
Here are 4 methods of subtraction:
1st : Traditional (aka Abacus) “Carry” Method
2nd: Mental Calculation
3rd : “Singapore Math” (no Carry)
4th: Common Core: “Count Up” (French Method), with which French supermart cashiers usually perform changes at counter — much…
View original post 108 more words
ingredients： sticky rice, pork, salt, green onion, ginger, light soy sauce, black pepper powder
1. Soak sticky rice in the water for at least two hours. Take out and drain. 浸泡糯米至少两个小时然后沥干水。
2. Make minced pork. Put in some chopped green onion and ginger. Add some salt, light soy sauce and black pepper powder. If you like some other condiments, you can add as well. 把猪肉绞成肉馅，加入葱花姜末，盐，生抽和黑胡椒粉。按照个人口味添加，如果你还喜欢其他调味品也可以加入。
3. Make small meat balls with minced pork. 把肉馅搓成很多个小肉丸。
4. Let small meat balls roll in the sticky rice until they are fully coated with sticky rice.让肉丸在糯米里滚动直到外面沾满一层糯米。
5. Steam meat balls for around 15 minutes.上锅蒸15分钟。
Broil (上烤) : heat from top — above food
eg. Melt cheese, croutons (面包屑)
Grill (下烤): heat from bottom — below food
eg. Barbecue steak
Altough it is an advertisement for Chinese New Year (year of monkey), many Chinese people are touched by it. Sun Wukong is an idol in most Chinese childhood.
My husband always keeps talking about how delicious butter prawns taste. So I searched for its recipe online and conclude an easy way to cook it.
Ingredients: prawns, curry leaf, chili, butter, evaporated milk, sugar and salt.
1. Clean prawns. （把虾清理干净）
2. Deep fry prawns. (Don’t throw away the oil after frying. Use it to cook some green vegetables like Cai Xin. It tastes very good.) （炸虾，虾油不要丢掉，可以用来炒菜心等绿叶青菜，味道非常好。）
3. Clean the pan and heat some butter with low heat. （把锅洗干净，放入一块黄油用低温加热）
4. When butter melts, put in some curry leaves and chili (my husband doesn’t like spicy food, so I don’t put chili in.). Stir them together and you can smell the aroma. （黄油融化后，放入咖喱叶和辣椒，炒出香味）
5. Pour some evaporated milk with some sugar and salt and boil down. （倒入淡奶，并加入糖和盐，煮浓）
6. Put fried prawns into the pan. Keep stirring until the milk boiled dry. （倒入虾，不断翻炒，直至锅中汤汁变干。）
Tang You Baba is a famous snack from Changsha, Hunan. It is made from glutinous rice powder, oil, sugar, and water. And it is an easy-making Chinese traditional snack.
1. Mix glutinous rice powder and water. Then you get glutinous rice paste. (将糯米粉和水混合成为面团）
2. Cut glutinous rice paste into small ones in same size. （把面团切成大小相同的几个小面团）
3. Pour some oil into the pan. Fry small glutinous paste and get both sides of the paste fried till they get golden in color. （锅里放油，油热后，将面团放进锅里，煎至两面金黄）
6. Scatter some white sesame. （最后撒一些白芝麻）